Fred Richani interviews WWE Hall of Famer “The Godfather” Charles Wright!
How you can help Black Lives Matter: BlackLivesMatters.Carrd.co
About The Sports Courier Podcast Episode 60: TSC News host Fred Richani interviews WWE Hall of Famer The Godfather aka Papa Shango aka The Soultaker aka The Goodfather aka Kama Mustafa aka Charles Wright! In this interview recorded prior to the pandemic and protests, Fred chats with Charles Wright about his hit gimmick as a pimp, the WWF Attitude Era, The Nation of Domination stable, how he broke into wrestling, and much more!
- 00:27 Life after wrestling
- 01:05 Was there anything he WOULDN’T do on TV?
- 01:58 From basketball to college football
- 03:10 Charles Wright’s big break
- 04:30 From USWA as Soultaker to WWE as Papa Shango
- 05:28 Nation of Domination stable with The Rock, Ron Simmons aka Faarooq, D’Lo Brown, Mark Henry
- 07:21 How Godfather gimmick was created
- 11:38 Ho Train
- 12:22 Godfather’s budget
- 13:31 WWE Hall of Fame induction
- 14:37 Favorite cheat meal?
- 14:47 Least favorite gimmick
- 15:29 Favorite non-Godfather moment
- 16:12 Advice for pro wrestlers, big men
- 18:04 Godfather on social media
Fast Facts About Charles Wright:
- WWE Hall of Famer Class of 2016
- Former WWE Intercontinental Champion
- Former WWE Tag Team Champion
- Wrestled as The Soultaker, Papa Shango, Kama Mustafa, The Godfather, and The Goodfather
- Two-time United States Wrestling Association – USWA Unified World Heavyweight Champion