Former UFC title contender Yoel Romero sets his sights on the Bellator gold!
Former UFC middleweight contender Yoel Romero discusses signing with Bellator MMA, moving up to to 205lbs, fighting the dangerous Anthony Rumble Johnson at Bellator 256, and the opportunity to win the light heavyweight title and $1 million in the Bellator Light Heavyweight World Grand Prix! Footage courtesy of and provided by Bellator MMA and BZA PR.
Fast Facts About “The Soldier of God” Yoel Romero:
- Former number one UFC middleweight contender
- Notable wins over Ronaldo Jacare Souza, Lyoto Machida, Luke Rockhold, Chris Weidman, Tim Kennedy, Derek Brunson, and Brad Tavares
- Professional MMA record 13-5 -8-time UFC Performance of The Night bonus winner
- 5-time Pan American Champion
- 2000 Olympics Silver Medalist in freestyle wrestling
- Coming off of three straight decision losses in UFC
You May Also Like: Wrestling Observer’s Dave Meltzer on WWE vs. AEW,MMA, Career