Former MMA fighter Phillipe Nover on being an RN during the pandemic.
About The Sports Courier Podcast Episode 58: TSC News editor Fred Richani interviews former UFC and Bellator fighter Phillipe Nover about battling the COVID-19 pandemic on the frontlines of New York City hospitals as a Registered Nurse, his MMA career, promoting anti-bullying with Kickin’ It, and how we can all protect ourselves from coronavirus during this pandemic.
Phillipe Nover Interview Time Stamps:
- 00:38 Becoming a Registered Nurse, how fast COVID-19 spread in New York City
- 03:29 PPE, healthcare workers’ safety
- 05:13 Average age of COVID-19 patients treated
- 06:22 Kawasaki disease among children related to COVID-19 / coronavirus?
- 07:36 COVID-19 recovery, long-term health effects, preexisting conditions
- 08:44 Grappling, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt under Renzo Gracie
- 09:18 When can BJJ safely return?
- 10:23 UFC running events during pandemic – good idea?
- 13:44 Is it safe to reopen states?
- 16:06 Moderna COVID-19 vaccine
- 17:12 COVID-19 prevention tips, safety
- 17:57 Coronavirus symptoms to look out for, hospitalization
- 19:56 Will there be second wave of COVID-19?
- 23:08 Working with Bullying We’re Kickin It nonprofit organization on anti-bullying
- 24:53 Grappling tournaments, BJJ superfights
- 26:46 UFC boom period during Brock Lesnar Era
- 27:16 The Ultimate Fighter: Team Nogueira vs. Team Mir
- 29:35 Worst MMA injuries
- 32:13 Best advice to cope with pandemic
Fast Facts about Phillipe Nover:
- Former MMA fighter (2003-2017) for UFC, Bellator MMA, Ring of Combat
- Career MMA record 11-8-1
- The Ultimate Fighter: Team Nogueira vs. Team Mir Finalist (2008)
- Notable wins over Darrell Horcher, George Roop (TUF), Mike Santiago, Abner Lloveras
- Full-time cardiac nurse