Jon Bones Jones makes a shocking announcement following UFC 252.
Jon Jones announces UFC light heavyweight title is VACANT per his official Twitter account.
Update 8/18/20: Jon Jones tweets he had a positive conversation with the UFC and will be moving to heavyweight.
UFC officially announces Dominick Reyes vs. Jan Blachowicz for the vacant light heavyweight championship.
TSC News editor Fred Richani reacts to Jon Jones vacating the UFC light heavyweight championship per his official Twitter account. Jones is widely considered the greatest UFC and MMA fighter of all-time, but has been in a contract dispute with the promotion since his UFC 247 win over Dominick Reyes. UFC President Dana White has publicly said if Jones wants to fight again and move up to heavyweight, he can. However, Jones clearly is not happy with whatever dollar amount the UFC is offering him despite his already-legendary resume.
Should Glover Teixeira and Dominick Reyes be next in line to fight for the vacant championship? Will UFC pay up for Jon Bones Jones to return? Let us know!
Fast Facts about Jon Jones:
- Current UFC light heavyweight champion
- Career MMA record 26–1 (1)
- Most successful light heavyweight title defenses in UFC history (11)
- Longest unbeaten streak in UFC history
- Notable wins over Rampage Jackson, Daniel Cormier, Rashad Evans, Mauricio Shogun Rua, Lyoto Machida, Vitor Belfort, Glover Teixeira, Alexander Gustafsson (twice), Dominick Reyes, Chael Sonnen, and Ryan Bader.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links which provide a small commission to help support this website.