Impact Wrestling’s flagship PPV promised to be eventful and delivered!
How you can help Black Lives Matter: BlackLivesMatters.Carrd.co
Impact Wrestling’s Slammiversary 2020 pay-per-view delivered from an action and newsworthy standpoint, as we witnessed three title changes, two debuts, and several returning TNA alums.
Chris Bey defeated Willie Mack in a very good match to win the X Division Championship. Deonna Purrazzo upset Jordynne Grace to become the new Knockouts Champion in arguably the match of the night.
In the main event, Eddie Edwards won his second Impact Wrestling World Championship, defeating Ace Austin, Rich Swann, Trey Miguel, and the returning Eric Young. You can watch our interview with Young following his first World Title win in 2014 here.
In the opening match, former TNA Impact Wrestling Tag Team Champions The Motoro City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin) made their returns to the promotion, defeating The Rascalz (Dezmond Xavier and Zachary Wentz). The MCMG later confronted Tag Team Champions The North (Ethan Page and Josh Alexander), setting the stage for their title match this Tuesday night on Impact Wrestling on AXS TV/Twitch.
As new Impact World Champion Edwards and The Good Brothers (Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson) celebrated at the end of Slammiversary, EC3 aka Ethan Carter II appeared on the screen to signal his return. Immediately following Slammiversary, Impact Wrestling confirms EC3 will make his first Impact Wrestling TV appearance since being released by WWE this Tuesday night.
Despite several teases for Aces and Eights on TV, there were no signs of the old top heel stable on Slammiversary.
Impact Wrestling’s Slammiversary 2020 took place Saturday, July 18 at Skyway Studios in Nashville, TN and aired live on PPV. Complete Slammiversary 2020 Results:
- Vacant Impact World Championship Match: Eddie Edwards defeated Trey Miguel, Ace Austin, Rich Swann, and Eric Young to win the Impact Wrestling World Title
- Impact Knockouts Championship: Deonna Purrazzo defeated Jordynne Grace (c) to win the Women’s Title
- Impact X Division Championship: Chris Bey (with Johnny Swinger) defeated Willie Mack (c) to win the X Division Title
- Former WWE wrestler Heath Slater debuted, took out Rohit Raji, and reunited with Rhino (Rhyno) backstage. Click here to watch all that went down!
- Impact World Tag Team Championship: The North (c) – Ethan Page and Josh Alexander defeated UFC Hall of Famer Ken Shamrock and Sami Callihan to retain the Impact World Tag Team Titles and remain the longest reigning champions in company history.
- Gauntlet Match (Battle Royal): Kylie Rae won the Gauntlet Match and earn a Knockouts Title shot after pinning Taya Valkyrie. Also in the match: Alisha Edwards, Kiera Hogan, Kylie Rae, Nevaeh, Rosemary, Susie, Tasha Steelz, Havok, and Kimber Lee
- Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows aka Luke Gallows debuted at the end of the show to save Eddie Edwards from Sawyer Fulton and Ace Austin’s post-match attack
- TNA World Heavyweight Championship (seriously): Moose (c) defeated Tommy Dreamer to retain the TNA Title
- The Motor City Machine Guns – Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley defeated The Rascalz – Dezmond Xavier and Zachary Wentz
Check out our interview with new Impact Knockouts Champion Deonna Purrazzo!