Destiny 2’s Beyond Light is delayed, but plenty of updates to come for players!
Destiny 2 developer Bungie reveals the new release date and details for the highly-anticipated downloadable content Beyond Light. Destiny 2 will be playable on PS5 and Xbox Series X as a free upgrade for those who already own the game on PS4 and Xbox One, along with the DLC.
Update: Beyond Light will be playable Day One for Xbox Game Pass subscribers.
Official statement from Bungie on Beyond Light Release Date:
We have made the decision to move the release of Destiny 2: Beyond Light to November 10.
As the first chapter in a new trilogy of expansions, Beyond Light is the beginning of a new era of Destiny 2. We have a powerful story to tell and incredible new features that we’re really excited for players to experience. As always, our goal is to make the coolest, most entertaining expansion we can possibly make for our fans. To that end, we are doing what’s best for the game and moving the launch date.
The past few months have been a challenge and will continue to be during this pandemic. We’ve learned to create together in a new way, by having to work apart from one another. Despite these hurdles, we’re still committed to the same level of quality that our fans expect.
Over the coming weeks, we’ll be unveiling more of what we’re working on for Beyond Light and what that also means for Season of Arrivals, which will now extend to November 10. Beyond Light sets the stage for an incredible future in Destiny 2 and, though it’s coming later than we originally anticipated, we’re excited to continue that journey with you this November.
Additional Destiny 2 news:
- Moments of Triumph will be extended to November 10, 2020.
- The show must go on: Festival of the Lost will now take place during Season of Arrivals, beginning on October 6.
- We’re planning a handful of ritual activity modifiers to look forward to:
- Increased Valor
- Increased Infamy
- Additional Iron Banner events between September and November.
Patch notes from Destiny 2 Update 2.9.0:
- Nightfall: The Ordeal
- Increase Masterwork material drops for Grandmaster Nightfall difficulty.
- Grandmaster completion at Platinum, Gold, and Silver levels now have higher chances of dropping an Exotic armor item.
- Grandmaster completion at Platinum level now guarantees one Ascendant Shard (with a small chance at one additional), and four Enhancement Prisms (with a moderate chance at 1-2 additional).
- Grandmaster completion at Gold level now guarantees two Enhancement Prisms (with a moderate chance at two additional).
- Grandmaster completion at Silver level now has a small chance at two Enhancement Prisms.
Destiny 2 Major Updates/DLC Timeline:
- Destiny 2: Beyond Light – Nov. 10, 2020
- The Witch Queen – 2021
- Lightfall (working title) – 2022
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links which provide a small commission to help support this website.