The National Football League confirms the following approved playing rules and bylaws for the 2021 season adopted by NFL teams:
Approved 2021 Playing Rules
1. By Competition Committee; to amend Rule 16, to eliminate overtime in the preseason.
2. By Competition Committee; to amend Rule 6, Section 1, Article 3, for one year only, to establish a maximum number of players in the setup zone.
4. By Competition Committee, Coaches Subcommittee, and Baltimore; to amend Rule 15, Section 3, Article 9, and Rule 19, Section 2, to permit the Replay Official and designated members of the Officiating department to provide certain objective information to the on-field officials.
5. By Chicago Bears; to amend Rule 11, Section 3, Article 3, to ensure the enforcement of all accepted penalties committed by either team during successive Try attempts.
6. By Los Angeles Rams; to amend Rule 8, Section 1, Article 2, to add a loss of down for a second forward pass from behind the line and for a pass thrown after the ball returns behind the line.
7. By Kansas City Chiefs; to amend Rule 5, Section 1, Article 2, to expand jersey number options for certain positions.
Approved 2021 Bylaws Summary
2. By Competition Committee; to amend Article XII, Section 12.4 of the Constitution and Bylaws to require clubs to submit tryouts and visits to the League office throughout the entire year; however, such transactions will only be reported to clubs from the start of training camp through the conclusion of the Super Bowl, unless it is with a Restricted or Unrestricted Free Agent.
Check out our interview with pro football legend Fred “The Hammer” Williamson:
You May Also Like: Madden 21 NFL Game Review
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links which provide us a small commission with any purchase and go towards supporting this website.