Bucs clinch NFC South for first time since 2007!
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Post Game Press Conference Week 16: Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady, head coach Bruce Arians, wide receiver Antonio Brown, running back Ke’Shawn Vaughn, defensive lineman William Gholston, wideout Cyril Grayson, and safety Jordan Whitehead discuss the Bucs (11-4) dominating the Carolina Panthers (5-10) to win the NFC South division for the first time since 2007! The Bucs have guaranteed themselves a playoff spot and at least one home game.
Footage courtesy of and provided by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers organization to TSC News.
Bucs Post Game Interviews Time Stamps: 00:00 Tom Brady, 05:12 Bruce Arians, 10:02 Antonio Brown, 13:06 Ke’Shawn Vaughn, 16:11 William Gholston, 18:02 Cyril Grayson, 22:23 Jordan Whitehead
Fast Facts about the Buccaneers’ 32-6 win over Carolina Panthers and 2021 season so far:
– The Tampa Bay Buccaneers won their seventh division title in franchise history (1979, 1981, 1999, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2021) after defeating the Carolina Panthers, 32-6.
– Buccaneers QB Tom Brady completed 18-of-30 passes for 232 yards and one touchdown, earning a 95.4 passer rating. – With 4,580 passing yards this season, Brady ranks third in franchise history for single season passing yards and second with 37 passing touchdowns.
– WR Antonio Brown made 10 receptions for 101 yards vs. Carolina. Since entering the league in 2010, Brown has recorded 23 games with 10-or-more receptions – the most-such games in the NFL during that span. Brown has a reception in each of his last 143 games played – the longest active catch streak in the NFL.
– WR Cyril Grayson made three receptions for 81 yards in his first career start. – Buccaneers RB Ke’Shawn Vaughn broke away for a career-long 55-yard touchdown run to score the first rushing touchdown of his NFL career. It was the longest run of the season for Tampa Bay. Vaughn finished with a team high 70 rushing yards on seven carries (10.0 avg.) with one touchdown.
– RB Ronald Jones II added 20 carries for 65 yards and a touchdown. The rushing touchdown was his fourth of the season and the 18th of his NFL career. – The Buccaneers defense recorded 7.0 sacks vs. Carolina on Sunday, matching the team’s most in a game since 12/8/13 vs. Buffalo (7.0).
– OLB Shaquil Barrett recorded his 10th sack of the 2021 season, becoming one of four players in franchise history with multiple double-digit sack seasons, joining Simeon Rice (5), Lee Roy Selmon (4) and Warren Sapp (3). Barrett’s 37.5 sacks since joining the Buccaneers in 2019 are the third-most in the NFL during that span.
– S Jordan Whitehead intercepted a pass that was deflected by OLB Shaquil Barrett to secure his second interception of the season and the fifth of his NFL career. Whitehead finished with a team-high seven tackles and three passes defensed to go along with his interception.
– DL William Gholston recorded a career high 2.5 sacks in the game, bringing his season sack total to 4.5 and his career sack total to 19.5.
– OLB Anthony Nelson added 1.0 sack to bring his season sack total to 3.0 and his career sack total to 4.0.
– NT Vita Vea took down Panthers QB Cam Newton for a 10-yard loss. Vea has 4.0 sacks this season and 11.5 in his NFL career.
You May Also Like: Madden 21 NFL Game Review
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links which provide us a small commission with any purchase and go towards supporting this website.